The Primary focus of Historic Concordia Neighbors Inc. is promoting the Concordia neighborhood through historic preservation. Since the early 1990s, Historic Concordia Neighbors has played an integral part in the area’s ongoing revival. We are a nonprofit, volunteer driven group consisting of homeowners, renters, churches, and other nonprofit groups with an interest in the long-term health and growth of the neighborhood.
Proceeds from our annual Home Tour support our mission to promote the Historic Concordia neighborhood through historic preservation, community involvement and neighborhood pride. Tour proceeds are used in diverse ways including:
- Recognizing the many charitable needs within Milwaukee’s near west side, we annually award the Historic Con cordia Outreach Grant to a local nonprofit agency.
- Assisting in property restoration, we award grants to owner occupied purchasers of blighted City-owned property.
- Enhancing the community through projects such as street signs and tulip plantings.
- Encouraging and supporting economic development of the surrounding business corridors.
- Implementing our National Register Historic Plaque Program.
Walk the neighborhood, tour the homes, talk to your homeowners and volunteers … and you’ll soon understand why we love living in the historic Concordia neighborhood.